When you need additional capacity for chilled and frozen foods or an urgent solution is necessitated by on site facilities breakdowns, please ensure that the measures you take are fully compliant with legislation.
Taking chances by leaving food stock in a cupboard or shady space in the hope that the quality will be maintained may seem like an adequate and cost cutting piece of ingenuity but the FSA, local authority and your clients unwittingly placing themselves at risk of food poisoning won’t agree. Whenever food is being served to the public, the rules must be adhered to and excuses won’t be tolerated.
The only way to safeguard your business and the consumers on your premises is to secure competitively priced, hygienic, well maintained hire facilities.
Reputable and experienced firms like Icecool Trailers work with a focus on providing their clients, from restaurants to hotels to community centres, with compliant walk-in chiller and freezer solutions in a selection of sizes and capacities and for any duration. If your hire period requires an extension, for a few days, weeks or months, this shouldn’t pose a problem and you’re assured of exceptional service and value for money.
Pop up eateries either take over an established kitchen or set one up and run it for a limited time; the authorities make no distinction between temporary and permanent eateries and so every effort must be made to maintain food stock in its optimum condition. Hired walk-in cold rooms and walk-in freezers are ideal.
Facilities run via mains and generator which offers convenience and flexibility. Units can be positioned exactly where they are needed, whether that’s adjacent to a kitchen, in a lobby, a car park, terrace or lawn.
Walk-in freezer and cold rooms are often assembled on site so there are no concerns about getting the unit on to the premises. They don’t feature wheels, so they cannot be relocated during the hire period; if business demands that facilities will need to be moved then fridge and freezer trailers, on wheels, are more suitable.
- Especially at peak business times, it is advisable to pre-book facilities.
- The dedicated hire firms have 24/7 emergency walk-in chiller and freezer hire services.
- Check online reviews to ascertain who delivers the best facilities and customer service.
- The hire firm delivers, sets up, collects and down powers the facilities.
- There isn’t a self-drive option for walk-in freezers or cold rooms, but this means there are no fuel or time demands for the hire customer.
- Fridge and freezer vans are often a more expensive option because maintenance, MOT, breakdown and repair costs must be factored in to quotes.
- Units are fully lit and can be worked in safely.
- Facilities look professional and create a positive impression.
- Hire units are lockable and insured. Customers must obtain a separate policy to cover the stock placed in the walk-in freezers and cold rooms.
Your hire firm should make your experience positive and you’ll benefit from the peace of mind which comes from knowing that you’re operating at the highest levels of compliance.…Read More